The U.S.-China Educational Exchange is organizing an
escorted classic tour to
The tour departs on
airfare to and from
· Deluxe or superior first-class hotel accommodations in each location
· Three meals every day for most days
· Transfers and sightseeing by air-conditioned motor coach/bus
· Admission and fees to temples, shrines, museums, etc.
· Services of English speaking guides for sightseeing and transfers
The tour price is based on double occupancy and departure
from JFK. If you prefer to have a single room or if we can't find a roommate
for you, you will pay a single supplement. If you depart from another city in
If you are interested in participating in one of the tours, please let us know as soon as possible. To register you name, you need to leave a deposit of $150. The deposit, which is non-refundable, will be applied to your total payment to be made in three installments due 90 days (March 28), 60 days (April 28) and 45 days (May 15) prior to departure. The deposit and subsequent payments should be made out to The U.S.-China Educational Exchange and sent to:
U.S.-China Educational Exchange
15 Locust Street
Jersey City, NJ 07305
You are welcome to bring your family and friends. It is
also possible for you to join us if you do not depart from JFK in
A recent issue of National Geography listed 10 places in
the world that one must visit in his or her lifetime and two of them are in
Highlights of the tour:
Xi'an - Burial site of at ancient army of 8000 terra cotta soldiers and horses (one of the world's greatest archaeological discoveries), Neolithic Bampo Village Museum, Big Wild Goose Pagoda and Drum Tower.
Shanghai - bustling shopping district on
CLASSIC TOUR PRICE (per person in USD based on twin-sharing)
Air & Land (from JFK*) $2550
US/Tokyo airport tax $95
Single supplement $435
Trip insurance $149
Visa handling fee $40
Extended stopover in
*If you depart from an airport other than JFK, there may or may not be an add-on price. Please visit /ANA.htm for details. If you depart from LAX or SFO, your price will be $45 less.
TOUR COST INCLUDES
International airfare for the specified gateway
China domestic air, train & boat fares
Hotel accommodations as specified
Hotel tax and service fee
Meals as specified
Sightseeing & transfer as specified
Local English speaking guides
Airport and hotel portage fees;
Land-only price: all above except TransPacific air
TOUR COST EXCLUDES
Visa handling fee
Domestic airport tax within
Items of personal nature such as hotel phone bill, laundry services, etc.
Tips to guides, drivers and hotel porters
Round-trip economy class airfare via All Nippon Airways. Air space is subject to confirmation by the airlines.
Non-refundable deposit of $50/person is required upon registering
90 days before departure (March 30) – half of the balance
60 days before departure (April 30) – the remaining balance
All payment may be in the form of a personal check or money order. This is a net tour fare program. We do not accept credit card payments.
Full refund, less $50 administrative fee for any cancellation received in writing up to 90 days prior to departure. After which the following cancellation fees will apply:
· 89 days to 60 days - $50 per person
· 59 days to 30 days - $200 per person
· 29 days to 14 days - $400 per person plus any nonrefundable airfare & intra-Asia air/train/boat fare
· 13 days to 8 days - 50% of the full tour price per person plus any nonrefundable airfare & intra-Asia air/train/boat fare
· 7 days to 1 day - 75% of the full tour price per person plus any nonrefundable airfare & intra-Asia air/train/boat fare
· On or after tour departure will be subject to forfeiture of the full tour price
· Trip cancellation insurance premium is nonrefundable
· Air ticket is nonrefundable once ticket is issued (in early June)
LATE ADDITION FEE
1. A late booking fee of $50 per person will apply to booking received within 30 days prior to arrival date.
2. Once the ticket is issued, a ticket change fee of $150 per ticket is required. Name change is not allowed.
Depart JFK or any other city in the
Hong Kong/Guangzhou (via jetfoil)/
Guilin/Xi'an via Air
Xi'an/Beijing via Air
Beijing/Shanghai via Air
Shanghai. Morning tour of the Yu Garden and the Bund. Afternoon free. Meals: breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Shanghai/Tokyo via ANA. Overnight at airport hotel provided by the airlines with shuttle bus transfers. Meals: breakfast.
Tokyo/JFK via ANA (economy class).